Who else struggles getting up early? Lets face it, waking up at the crack of dawn is no easy task… and even harder when the reason you’re waking up at said ridiculous hour, is so that you can go to the gym! Lop and I have been working hard at training our brain clock to get up and get going… because as hard as it is, it is so rewarding once done. There is nothing better than starting your day on a high. Yes, its tough! Yes, its insane BUT YES, it feels GREAT!
Here are a few tips to help you…
1. SLEEP – you need to get enough sleep, if you don’t get enough sleep each night, you wont wake up feeling refreshed and there is no way you are going to be able to resist the snooze button on your alarm clock.
2. EXCITEMENT – you need to feel excited for your early morning gym sesh. Make sure you have a plan in place and make sure there are a few things on that plan that you really enjoy.
3. ORGANISATION – you need to organise your morning routine the day before. Make sure you have your clothes ready and your meals planned. Try not to leave everything for the morning of… you don’t want to end up running around like a headless chicken. Frantic mornings will put you off going forward 😉
4. LITTLE BY LITTLE – you need to start off small – don’t overwhelm yourself too early on. The more you do, the more you want to do. FACT!
5. SUPPORT – having a partner in crime makes the world of difference. If you can, get your better half, best friend, mom etc. to join you. You are less likely to reach out and press snooze if someone else is counting on you to suffer with them 😉
Do it, Do it now 🙂