The SA Cheese Festival is back for its 13th year and is going to be bigger and better than ever. The festivities will be taking place at Sandringham from Saturday 26th April to Tuesday 29th April 2014… a long weekend of cheese, wine and fun! YES please 🙂
This year you can look forward to more of your favourite cheeses to taste, buy and learn about. The 2014 exhibitors will be out to wow and celebs like Nataniël, Jenny Morris and Herman Lensing will be hanging around the Dairy Square to guide visitors along on a culinary journey. Chill with friends and family in Carnival Park, send the kids off to the Milk Factory where they can spend time with cows, sheep and goats and see them being milked or take part in the various demonstrations and entertainment over in the Afrox Cooking Pot which is said to be the ultimate foodie theatre. Visitors can join in the fun and choose from different daily sessions including the following:
- A Toffee & Coffee experience by Sweet Temptations Toffees and Gourmet Coffee Roasters.
- MasterChef sisters Seline and Leandri van der Wat cook up a storm with a surprise basket of ingredients.
- Beer guru Lucy Corne (the Brew Mistress blog) and wine lover Cathy Marston (backed by Stellenbosch Vineyards) will share their passion for cheese.
- Nina Timm will take you along a cheese adventure with Fairview cheese.
- Klippies with something sweet, Drostdy Hof wine as the perfect potjiekos partner, and a 4×4 experience with SAB brew master Denis da Silva and SA’s Mr Cheese, Kobus Mulder.
R130 per person and that gets you entry into the festival, a shopping bag, programme & tastings
R100 for senior citizens and free for children under 13 years old.
Tickets are ONLY available at Computicket, Shoprite, Checkers, Checkers Hyper and House & Home stores
Wine Tasting glasses – R15 each at the gate
Dates & Times:
Saturday 26th April 2014 – 10:00 to 18:00
Sunday 27th April 2014 – 10:00 to 18:00
Monday 28th April 2014 – 10:00 to 18:00
Tuesday 29th April 2014 – 10:00 to 17:00
Sounds like fun right?
Book your tickets over here.